Friday, August 20, 2010

Prayer and Preparation

Today I get to meet my little ones at Meet the Teacher and I can hardly contain my excitement.  From the moment I complete one year I begin to pray for my new students as well as the safety and continued growth of my past students.  I use this time of prayer to talk with God about designing the perfect group for me, guiding me in my decisions as their teacher, and about their safety and well being.  A new school year means new smiles, clean carpets, fresh starts, challenges, collaboration, and much room to grow!  I am prepared as I can be, but I feel it is never enough.  I could always do one more thing to make my class more welcoming, get one more thing copied,  etc.  This feeling may be my mother’s OCD/type A personality coming out it me.   This weekend I will fret over being ready, lose sleep that I was banking on getting to be fresh Monday AM, but I don’t think I will be the only teacher feeling this way.  Remember me in your prayers as our school year begins and takes shape for much learning!  Pray for Adam that he does not kill me in the process, bless this man for all he puts up with! I love him for all he does!

 

*LRW*

5 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for praying for MY child (and all those kids)! We are very excited to see you in a few hours! I will continue to pray for Nolan's teacher--that she has patience with him as he explores and continues to learn in a safe, loving environment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to finish and start a school year - WITH PRAYER!!! Praying for you and those kiddos, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant think of anyone who is more prepared and ready than you always are! :) Def. praying for you as you start a new school year and guide these little ones into so much learning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I saw your classroom on Charon's blog. You are looking very ready to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just had our first three days and as I love those first days, I am SO glad they are over! I know you will be happy when your first week is behind you and everything can start running smoothly.

    ReplyDelete