5. Friends that are like family and family that have become friends is a thing to be thankful. Spending this week on friends and family…
Most people may not know this about me but I am the oldest of 9 siblings. Divorced parents…2 brothers (21 and 17) on my mom’s side and 2 brothers and 5 sisters on my dads side (19 to 9 years old). The sister closest to me is 10 years younger which a a big age difference when you are in college and getting married. My friends have been like my sisters and I am so thankful to have such amazing women in my life. God has blessed me with some great strong women!
Annie is first my “sister-in-love” but is also one of my closet friends. She is married to Adam’s big brother Devin and I have know Annie the almost the same amount of time as Adam because we all met in July 2006. Annie has taught me what being a sister is all about. You challenge each other, love each other, teach each other and sometimes make each other mad I am sure, but at the end of the day your family! She is a women of faith, strength and courage. I am grateful to call her a sister!
6.Rita came into my life in 2009 across the hall from me at Joyce Bullock. A common love for children and teaching merged our lives and in that I have found a very best friend. Most people would say I say things like they are and Rita would be one that is very similar and that is why we mesh so well. Ha-ha…I am sometimes unsure if that is a good or bad thing. She balances me because she can put me in my place like my husband and mother. She on the other hand is also compassionate, full of hope and a beautiful person and I love that about our friendship and what she teaches me.
Christina is married to one of Adam’s very best friends Mark who is one of my most favorite guys! I tell her all the time how I am so glad she likes me now…from our first time meeting I thought she hated me. It takes time for her to warm up to you and I am not the only person that thought that about Christina. She is one of a kind and I can’t imagine life with our Christina in it! She is my friend that is probably the hardest on me and I love that and need that. She keeps me on my toes all while loving me and making me laugh in the process. She was also a best friend of Rita so you may see the three of us together stirring up trouble.
7. The sisters…Becoming friends with Lesley meant life with Lindsey is a given! I first met Lesley in college during our time at Norman Hall. We graduated together in 2007 and 2008 with our masters but had no ideas our lives would merge again in August 2009 when she began teaching at Joyce Bullock as a kindergarten teacher. Our friendship first consisted of school and the triumphs and trials of teaching but it has transformed into so much more. She is one of my very best friends and her family has become people I look forward to hanging out with. Lesley has been through so much and she has remained strong and saw God’s grace through it all. I love her for giving me scripture when I need it and her constant reminder that I am in her prayer journal. She is a beautiful person who loves to laugh and love. Her sister, Lindsey is exactly the same way! They fight like sisters and it makes me so uncomfortable but I love how they challenge each other and protect each other regardless of what the other thinks.
8. Rosa…my teaching baby who is now such a dear friend! Rosa was my first intern and now I have the pleasure of teaching across the hall from her at Joyce Bullock, planning with her daily, and being her mentor! While I may be her teaching mentor, she has been such a spiritual blessing to me. She is my hand slapper at work. She gives me the look to remind me to keep it in check, she will give me scripture when I need it, and she prays for me daily because I can feel it! She is an amazing women who is strong and loving and compassionate. She is the Buzz to my Woody! :)
9. Three generations…I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to grow up with my grandparents. My dad’s parents live in Tampa and I got to see them weekly and my mom’s parents lived in Michigan but stayed with us from Thanksgiving until the snow melted and then we visited up there two weeks every summer. I love that I have so many memories with my grandparents and parents. They are the people that are the first to drive you crazy but they are only trying to love you the only way they know how!
10. My Fur Family
Remi is our fur baby together. He will be a year old on December 20th and he has taking us for a ride this year. He has cut his paw, broken a toe, run away, worked cows for the first time, met his very best friend LuLu and has stolen our hearts. His wagging nub tail will forever make me smile after a long day at work.
Lily took a turn at Photo Booth on the I Pad. She is 8 and is our number 1 cuddle bug. She will find your lap and sugar you up for a neck rub any day.
11. My church and my church family made me proud today! We honored our veterans today and it was a beautiful display… all the men and woman up in front getting recognized! We are truly blessed to live in a country where we can worship together, pray together and be together as brothers and sisters in Christ. Adam and I recently joined our first Sunday school class led by Bobby Kavanaugh. It is so so good and just what our souls needed. To be with like Christians sharing and learning from our every day struggles as humans in this fallen world. We all have one thing right Jesus is the answer!!! Our church also hosted a fall festival for our community today and it was just perfect. We saw some new faces and I pray that they saw the light of Christ in our children and our members running the booths so they come to learn more about Jesus and His grace!
Sending love your way!