Adam and I's first wedding anniversary is today and I have been thinking of all the wonderful things we have done together, lessons learned and laughs had. Here are ten memories that crossed my mind:
1. We would be super fabulous on Dancing with the Stars...we have practiced our moves in the kitchen... Julianne Hough and Chuck Wicks...here we come!
2. I cannot have a conversation/multi task while riding an bike, because I will either run Adam off the road or fall into one of our delightful cattle gaps (Annie and Devin can vouch for that).
3. Adam scrunching my hair as he walks by me used to irritate me, because who wants their hair messed with after all that time to fix it. But now it makes my heart pitter patter because it is his way of letting me know he loves me as he walks by.
4. We are the best team when getting stuff done...if I get it started he helps me finish it up when I slack off. The same goes the other way. This team work has got us through loads of laundry, dishes, gardening, etc.
5. I would rather sit next to him busy with work, than be somewhere I could not look up and smile at him or lean over and give him a kiss!
6. We love an adventure! We love to spend our lazy weekend afternoons driving around finding cool new places to go close by our home. Windows down, singing to a great song, sitting next to the man in your life....what more could you ask for... oh yeah a JEEP! (maybe one day)
7. We love mini vaca's! Whether we head down to Tampa to visit my family, go to Daytona Beach, or Blue Run (Rainbow River)...we enjoy getting out of our normal routine while spending time with some of our favorite people!
8. Laughing together is one of my favorite pastimes! We are usually laughing at something I have done or said, but it deserves a good laugh no doubt.
9. Reading together is something that we have grown to love. It has changed our marriage for the better and has made it stronger. We have learned so much about each other in the past few months. It is a wonderful way to end our day!
10. Growing closer to our Lord as a couple has provided us with an amazing journey in our marriage. We have really let God into our lives to help lead us down the path he wants for us.
*Memo to the newly weds out there...our cake a year later was actually delicious. Annie and Devin we want you to come over and give it a try. We ate a whole piece...haha!*