I have fallen in love with each season of the year, but I get so excited when I see the trademarks of each season appear. Fall you have pumpkins, hay bales, and scarecrows. Winter you have Christmas lights, nativity scenes, and garland. Spring you have wild flocks, Easter, and amazing weather. Summer is just around the corner and this is how I know it...
1. Watermelons...oh how I love me some watermelon! They are everywhere but in my refrigerator, and I'd have to say Adam better get on that soon!
2. Afternoon thunderstorms, except when I am running errands of course. There is nothing better than a thunderstorm nap or a movie on the couch! I also enjoy the smell of rain. I took this picture last week while sitting on the front porch during an afternoon storm.
3. Our yard is almost to the point it has to be mowed each week, and the smell of fresh cut grass is one of my favorite smells. Sadie the pup loves a freshly mowed lawn too. Her favorite afternoon pass time is rolling around in the grass.
4. Vacations are booked and planned! It is great to have a job I love, yet I get time off to be able to travel. My two summer destinations are Michigan and the Bahamas! I haven't been to Michigan in over six years, and I am thrilled. My mom is from Munising, Michigan and my Grandma still lives up there. Grandma D is turning 70 this year, so we are all making the trek up there to celebrate. I will however be sad because Adam will not be able to come, and will make this trip the longest I have ever been away from him. The cruise to the Bahamas is a trip we are taking together in celebration of Adam's big brother, DW!
5. The fact that I would rather be close to some water source than anywhere else. It could be a pool, beach, river, lake, as long as I can be in my swim suit!
Guess what Adam brought home prior to me publishing the post...A WATERMELON!