Monday, January 18, 2010

Time with Christ

Time is such a hard concept to put your hands around.  There is never enough time and then what do you spend your time on.  I read women's blogs who work, who don't work, have children, don't have children and I always think how do they have the time to do this and that, let alone blog.  I am so overwhelmed to get everything done.  I would have to say I do really love my sleep and I have 18 first graders who do appreciate when I have had a good night of sleep.  I have a lot things I want to do with my life, Adam and I's life, but I get beat down to know where to start and what is most important.  Yesterday at church our preacher spoke about Jesus' first miracle, the wedding at Canna.  He said God choses when to perform His miracles in his time.  Our preacher said everything we do should be spiritual from going grocery shopping to spending time together because you never know when one of God's miracles will affect your life.  I do know and believe if I let God into evey aspect of my life I will know what is most important and what I need to be doing with my time.  Right now God is a small part of my day when he should be all of my day.  I want to pray more and begin reading the bible daily, so that I can learn more about him and live a more Christ like life.  I guess you could say my Christian New Years resoluation (I know it is late) is to read the WHOLE bible.  I have printed out Rick Warren's guide to reading the Bible in a year.  With the devil all around us I will sure need help to stay focus on Christ.  I know I don't have many followers but when you think about me or see me for those that live around me, ask me how my walk in faith is going.  If you ask I might just have a miracle to share with you from that day. 

3 comments:

  1. Love it--you go girl! Read that Bible in a year! I'd love to hear how it's going!! You are such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for sharing your heart :) I think we all feel that way...God is a small part when it needs to be the whole part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom's always said that "people do what they WANT to do"... I feel like that applies to time, finances and everything else... when we make things a priority and truly WANT to do them, we find the time, money, etc to do it...

    I heard a podcast last year about doing things for the Lord... everything we do, we can do as unto Him... from the dishes to changing diapers. I loved that thought and its something I try to remind myself of daily... no matter where our lives are at this moment...(like mine, for example...many days its hard to think that I am doing ANYTHING for the Lord since I'm "just" a stay at home mom, but I can even do those things for Him. When I am washing dishes, folding laundry, picking up toys and changing diapers, I can be doing those things just like I am doing them for Jesus...) I love that thought! :)

    ReplyDelete