Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Saturday Adventure


This weekend we went on an adventure to Cedar Key.  The weather was just beautiful, so we took the top off the Jeep and grabbed our new camera that we got for Christmas.  Adam and I got a Nikon D 90, and it has been fun to take amazing pictures!  I have brought it to school and took pictures of the children on the playground but, we haven't used it much together.  I love our weekends adventures, because back when Adam and I were dating he would pick me up and take me to all these places that I had never been before.  Many of the places were small coastal towns in Levy County that I had never even heard of.  We had not escaped in a long time so it was wonderful to let my hair down and enjoy being with my husband.  Cedar Key has such history, but this visit was for not for museums.  I have however been to the museum with my mom a few years ago and it was really interesting stuff.  It had displays about the railroad and making brushes/brooms.  But for those of you who are not familiar with Cedar Key they are famous for their clams, so I bet you can guess why we were there...FOOD. 

We went to Tony's Seafood Restaurant to have their WORLD FAMOUS CLAM CHOWDER!  Let me just tell you it was amazing and we had to bring some home for my in-laws and for DW and Annie! I had a cup of chowder with the tastiest grilled cheese I have had in a long time.  It made me want to go home and see my mom, because she always made the best grilled cheese sandwiches.  While there we checked out the new fishing peir, drove around the island and we got to see a plane land.  I know that last thing probably sounds silly, but there was no barrier between us and the landing strip so it was a thrill to watch it land and hope and pray that it didn't crash into us.  In all it was an amazing day filled with much laughter and adventure.  Here are some pictures we took...


*LRW*

2 comments:

  1. a Saturday adventure with your honey is always a great day... I certainly enjoy mine! :) Glad we have men that love to go and do things!!! Thanks again for the clam chowder!!! :)

    ReplyDelete