Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Pondering Heart


This Tuesday will mark the second week of a bible study I joined.  My s-i-l, Annie has felt led to lead a women's bible study at our church for a while and I am so thrilled she decided to get it started.  The study we are doing is Beth Moore's Esther: It's Tough Being a Women.  This past summer I did my first women's bible study by Jennifer Rothschild and I loved it.  It helped me really think about my life, thoughts, and actions and how present God was in them all.  The study helped my life personally in many ways, so I was excited to get started with Esther and man has it been an amazing journey so far.  There are so many things that you know but when you see them penned on paper they leave a different, stronger impression.  Here are things that I jotted down to refer to in my prayer time. 

-There is no place God cannot go
-Faith is putting God in every fill in the blank
- You seek Him and He will find you
-No life is free of troubles
-When we are insecure let God in so that you can experience His security
- God has a destiny for us, even when we feel He is not in our presence.
-At our best we are never perfect
-No women or person should be our goal but God
- Jesus Christ is our ultimate example
-Our Lord is always here with us

Thank you Beth Moore for helping me feel more normal.  I was just talking to my mother the other day and I said how so many days I feel like I am the biggest sinner.   Know that even when we are trying to be the best Christians we can not be perfect.  I have been pondering that this week because without that thought everyday would feel like failure.


*LRW*

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the email :) i am going to look into a few of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're getting so much out of our study. I know I am! Whew, sometimes its so refreshing and other times it's a little hard because I am seeing myself a little more clearly and that's not always a pretty picture! :)

    ReplyDelete