Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Break...Spring Happiness

On Thursday, April 9th at 2:00 p.m. all teachers packed up and headed out for a week of some much needed R & R. I headed on down to that big city of Tampa on Monday after a glorious Easter with Adam and his family. Adam put together the sweetest Easter basket with my very own bible. Yes...and it even has my name on it! I cannot wait to begin reading it and finding the scriptures that speak straight to my heart and discovering more about our amazing Lord! As I said, I was in need of some much needed mom/daughter time and I got so much more. Grandma D, my mom's mom was down from Michigan visiting so we planned a three generations luncheon, with me, my mom, Grandma D, Bigmama, and Grandmommy. My Bigmama was unable to come due to back pain, but it was truly a day to remember. It was such a privilege to sit and talk to these remarkable women who have had such an impact on my life. They are so wise and I still have so much to learn from them. I hope to plan another luncheon for my next visit when summer break gets here.
Mom and Grandma D

Grandmommy, Me, and Grandma D

So with Grandma D down the guest bedroom was taken, so that left me to choose Michael, the 17 year old or Matthew, the 13 year old to bunk up with. I chose the latter. I have to say it was sweet to hangout and watch TV with Matthew as we got ready for bed. The most precious was when he said "Good night Lauren. I love you and glad you are home."
My brother's (Matthew and Michael)

In my last post I upload a picture of my family from June 2008 which I am ashamed to say was the most recent so I made sure to get one while I was home...missing Adam though :( The setting sun in the back ground was amazing.

The Crazy Family that I love!

*LRW*

1 comment:

  1. I totally thought the picture of you and the boys and the one of all of yall with your parents was a backdrop. (Looking back, I dont know WHY I would have thought that... WHAT would yall be doing taking pics with a backdrop??!?!?) WHAT a view... Of course, I already knew it was a great view... first time we visited, I wanted to vacation there! :) The pics of you and the grandmothers are sweet, too! Glad you had a great time, but we are glad you're back on Whitehurst road... gets lonely without you here!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete