Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Easter Thoughts

As we near Easter it makes me think of family. It has been fun to mesh Adam and I's family traditions. Every family, not just ours has a particular way they celebrate Christmas, birthdays, Easter, etc. It has been a joy for Adam and I to incorporate each others family traditions while making our own this first year as a married couple!


My family (June 2008)


Adam's Family (December 2007, Mom on right, Dad on left)

All the past holidays have been super busy, filled with family, and great memories, but this holiday everyone seems to doing their own thing. Adam and I will get by with out all our families around but I will sure miss all the commotion and craziness they bring. I am looking forward to Sunday's Easter service with Adam as we celebrate what life should be all about praising our Lord, for His unwavering love and for giving us HOPE for eternal life in heaven (I love you Devin and Annie for your strength and complete trust).

Lent is coming to an end as we near the celebration of Christ's resurrection, and I can't help but thank the Lord for what he has given Adam and I. Forty days appears to be a long time, but it went by so quickly when you put your trust in the Lord. In an earlier post I revealed we were reading The Purpose Driven Life, which we are now on Day 38 and I am looking forward to completing it, to only begin reading it again. I am not ashamed to admit that I went through the motions of being a Christian, but Jesus spoke to my heart Ash Wednesday 2009 and opened my eyes to what love he truly had to offer Adam and I. I go into each day with a more confident attitude because I am not worried about controlling my life's every move. I know the Lord has a plan for us as long as we live each day open to God's will. Day 37's devotion discussed the idea of spending your time and money sharing God's word so that you will have eternal friendships in heaven, so my Easter promise to God this year is to try to show my brother, Michael, the love He has for him. Please pray for me because it can be hard to love my brother (he is 17..that may explain how it can be difficult to love him..haha), but I have to remember that God so loved us all he gave his only Son for us, so sacrifices are in store. I just can't imagine eternity with out my Michael Ryan!

*LRW*

4 comments:

  1. Lauren, I have really enjoyed reading your blogs. God seems to be teaching you so much. Isn't it so amazing how he can speak to our hearts and forever change our character. I just can't imagine the love he has for us and it is only though him that we can truly love others. I will be praying for your relationship with your brother. I have a brother (21) and a sister (18) who need Christ's love too. The most impressionable thing we can do is to be a source of love and an example of Christ in our daily lives. Christ will not forsake us or our loved ones. I truly believe they will see the truth.

    See you tomorrow at school!
    -Danielle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - I LOVE the John Waller song, While I'm Waiting. It was so powerful in the movie Fireproof. I could jam all day to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me just say first of all that you come from pretty people (: What a nice looking family you have!

    On a more serious note, I have to agree with you the confidence you have to start each new day knowing that God is at work and in control is very empowering! God shook me up not too long ago as well and helped me realize that I just THOUGHT I was in control! It is so exciting to sit back, turn it all over to him, and just wait to see what will come next...

    I'll be praying for you as you witness to your brother. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to read your blogs--very insightful! I am praying for you daily and expecting a mighty blessing for your brother!

    ReplyDelete