Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Love Still Strong

 

It has been 3 years since May 8th, 2008 when Adam and I had the best time celebrating our marriage with family and friends.  When I look back through our album I can’t believe it has been 3 years because the memories are as vivid as yesterday.  Pardon my bragging but I couldn’t have married a more perfect man for me.  I love him dearly!   

IMG_5244

IMG_5112IMG_5650

Each year we plan an anniversary getaway!  I am thankful that we get away each year from the craziness of our everyday schedule.  We started off with our honeymoon in 2008!

2008- Honeymoon – St. Lucia

IMG_0481

IMG_0574IMG_0431

2009- 1st anniversary Beaufort, South Carolina

DSCN0796DSCN0851

2010- 2nd anniversary Amelia Island, FL

IMG_4155

 

2011- 3rd Anniversary Apalachicola, FL

Adam and I had never been to the panhandle to vacation before so we decided to try it out.  Apalachicola is actually referred to as ‘The Forgotten Coast’ which was true since neither of us had gone there before.  We stayed in 11 Heaven at the Coombs House Inn and man was it heaven.  Everything about the place was so wonderful and relaxing. 

DSC_0132DSC_0114

First place we headed  after checking in was Boss Oyster.  If I made you guess I am sure you would have said something relating to food.  We read that Boss Oyster was the place to go in Southern Living so we wanted to get our fill.   DSC_0125

Check out their oyster fixings.  Just looking at this we were excited!

DSC_0126

2 dozen were devoured, but we hadn’t had our fill.  We had to try Journey’s End their famous sandwich.  The plate is the size of our head.  It sure was not something we would have not wanted to miss. 

DSC_0128DSC_0127

The next day we drove around to visit all the local beach spots.  Our first stop was St. George Island.

DSC_0138DSC_0149P1000607P1000622

We ate more oysters in town before we headed to Port St. Joe’s to hit the beaches there. 

P1000639P1000626

It was the perfect getaway for my hunny and me.

*LRW*

3 comments:

  1. How fun! It looks like you all had a blast :) I wish we did yearly trips...we have done a few sporatically, but it is so hard to pin down days and times that we are both free. Good for you all and happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like ya'll had a good time! I'm loving those orbit earrings you are sporting at the beach!! :)

    ReplyDelete