Monday, March 30, 2009

He has cleared the paths for us

Sometimes in this uncertain Earthly life it is hard not to worry. Adam and I are trying to trust in our Lord that he will give us our next step. Not knowing the next step can be extremely scary, but as Adam and I talked last night I told him that He has cleared our paths, we just have to wait for his guidance on which one to choose. Adam and I are on Day 30 of Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life, and it has created much discussion in our home. The book and its scriptures has brought us closer to God than we have ever been before as a couple. I thank the Lord for speaking to me on Ash Wednesday when I suggested that Adam and I embark on this 40 day journey instead of watching our television shows during Lent. It has helped us answer many questions and concerns we have had for our lives. Adam is truly the most wonderful gift our Lord could have given me, because there is no one I would rather walk hand and hand with down this uncertain path. Please pray for us, that when the Lord tells us our next step we listen and follow His will.

Compliments of AMW

I found this picture of us walking together at the beginning of our relationship and it gave me peace, because here we are walking not even realizing this amazing journey He already had in store for us.

*LRW*

4 comments:

  1. what a sweet post. And great picture. I giggled when I saw the caption under it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you jumped on the band wagon too! Blogging is so much fun! Can't wait to read all about what the Lord is teaching you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, Lauren. The world is shaky to say the least. Our days could be filled with such uncertainty if not for our all-knowing God! He is such a comfort! Adam (M.) and I will be praying for y'all. I can't wait to see what God has planned for you and Adam. I know it will be great things!

    When Adam (M.) and I first got married we did Night Light, a couples devotion by James Dobson, and were amazed by how it drew us closer together. I would totally reccomend it to you if you want to do another study after completing A Purpose Driven Life.

    Also, I wanted to tell you how glad I am that you have joined us bloggers (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren--Annie and Carrie are way better at blogging than I am, but I enjoy it! I can't wait to see your future posts! This one was GREAT!

    ReplyDelete